Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
By participating in Rebtel’s Contest (the "Promotion"), each entrant (or his or her parent or legal guardian if the entrant is under the age of majority in his or her state of residence) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Rebtel ("Sponsor"), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and scoring of entries and the overall administration of the Promotion. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 or older at time of entry (individually "Entrant," collectively "Entrants"). Employees of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, agencies, and the judging panel and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter, win or vote. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TIMING: The Promotion begins Thursday, August 20th, 2015 at 12:00AM EST and ends on Friday, September 4th, 2015 at 11:59PM EST. (the "Promotion Period").
3. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: A valid public Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account and internet access is required to enter this Promotion. Entrants must also follow @Rebtel on Instagram to be eligible. To enter the Promotion, take a photo or a video showing a “Desi Problem” and post the photo or video to your Facebook or Instagram profile, tag @Rebtel, and use the hashtag #DesiProblems. If your Instagram account is set to "private mode," your responses may not be received by Sponsor.
Your Entry must be received by Sponsor on Friday, September 4th, 2015 no later than 11:59PM EST during the Promotion Period.
Each Entry submitted (i) must be in keeping with the Sponsor's image (as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion), (ii) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, contain nudity, unlawful or plagiarized, (iii) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially,ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, (iv) may not violate or encourage others to violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation, (v) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's personal or property right or any other third party right, (vi) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including display of corporate logos, brand names and slogans, other than those relating to Sponsor, (vii) may not include references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms or any depiction or representation thereof and (viii) may not include any virus, worm, corrupt file, Trojan horse, or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise Sponsor's web site or the proper conduct of the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the accuracy or truthfulness of any information contained within a submitted Entry. Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to determine if any Entry is not appropriate for publication on the Site or for any other public release and if Entry is in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an Entry for any reason. Sponsor's decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this Promotion.
Noncompliance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor's sole discretion, may result in Entrant’s disqualification. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify Entrants or cancel Promotion if Sponsor believes that these Official Rules have violated, the operation of the Promotion has been tampered with, or if any conduct is engaged in that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion, or any other Entrant.
4. JUDGING: Entries will be judged by their originality and creativity ("Judging Criteria"). Judging will begin on Friday, September 4th after the Promotion period ends. Sponsor's representatives will score each Entry based on the Judging Criteria. The ten entries that receive the highest score will win. Entrants are subject to verification that they are qualified participants as defined by these rules. Sponsor will announce the first one hundred (100) entries and winners on Monday, September 7th, 2015.
5. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each Entrant is responsible for his or her Entry and the consequences of posting or publishing it. In connection with the Entry, each Entrant affirms, represents, and warrants that: (i) Entrant owns or has the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to use the Entry in the manner contemplated by Sponsor; and (ii) Entrant has obtained the written consent, release and permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the Entry to use that person's name or likeness in the Entry and in the manner contemplated by Sponsor. By submitting an Entry to Sponsor, Entrant (i) waives any and all rights in and to anymaterial submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion (including all moral and other rights of authorship); (ii) hereby acknowledges and agrees that Entries (including material submitted by Entrant in connection with the Promotion) become Sponsor's property and will not be returned; and (iii) grants Sponsor the absolute right to edit, modify, publish, exploit and use an Entry, voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, biographical material, written works, and all other information or materials that Entrant has provided or may provide in connection with this Promotion in any media, now known or hereafter devised, and in any manner, without further approval, permission or consideration, throughout the universe in perpetuity. Sponsor is under no obligation to use an Entry.
6. PRIZES: Ten (10) winners will receive a year of unlimited calling to India for one (1) year; The first one hundred (100) Entrants will receive vouchers for one (1) hour of free calling to India. Sponsor reserves the right to grant these vouchers to only the first one hundred (100) Entrants. Each voucher is valid for one (1) year from the date it is redeemed and is only valid for calling India from an account with numbers from the US. The vouchers will be delivered to entrants on Monday, September 7th, 2015.
7. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be selected based on the Judging Criteria from valid Entries received during the Promotion Period. Sponsor's decisions will be final and binding. Each winning Entrant will be notified via their winning Facebook or Instagram post. Sponsor will also share winning entries.
8. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the Site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website (including the Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate andincomplete Entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive Entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible and all associated Entries or Votes will be void.
9. INDEMNITY: Entrant shall indemnify and defend Sponsor its parent companies, each of Sponsor's advertising agencies, and the officers, directors, employees, and agents of all of the foregoing and the successors and assigns of each of them, from and against actions, claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable counsel fees related to (i) Entrant's use of any prize, (ii) the Sponsor's use of any of the materials submitted by Entrant in connection with this Promotion or (iii) any intentional misconduct or negligence by Entrant in connection with this Promotion.
10. RELEASES: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, Entrants release Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions and affiliates from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost, or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance, or use of prize or participation in any Promotionrelated activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
12. SPONSOR: Rebtel Telecommunications, Jakobsbergsgatan 16 Stockholm, Stockholm, 11144 Sweden.
This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.