US Country Code
United States country code: +1
The United States of America is made up of 50 states and other territories. If you want to call the US, you have to keep track of the US country and area codes of each of these states and territories. To help you, we’ve made a list of all these codes, which you can find below this article.
Table of contents
- How to call to the USA with your phone
- How to call to the US with Rebtel
- How to make free calls within the US
- Cheapest way to call the US from the UK
- Making it easy to call US from India
- List of area codes
How to call to the US using your phone
The USA country code is +1. You will add it to the beginning of any phone number you are dialing that’s in the US. When you save your American contacts to your phone, make sure to include this number as part of their phone number! Of course, don’t forget to add the area code, a three-digit number which designates the city you want to connect to, from the list below. This way, you won’t have to add these details every time you make the call. In short:
- Dial the international exit country code (or replace it with + on a mobile device)
- Add the US country code (1)
- Add the US area code from the list below
- Complete with the local phone number.
Calling the US with Rebtel
If you often make calls to the United States from other countries, you can try a free service, like the one offered by the Rebtel International calling app. All you have to do is sign up, install the app and activate your subscription. Just follow these easy steps:
- Download the Rebtel app from Google Play or the App Store.
- Follow the sign up steps.
- Choose your preferred type of connection – over land lines, mobile data or Wi-Fi.
- Sync your contacts with the app (give the app permissions in your smartphone settings area, if needed).
- Activate an Unlimited subscription plan.
- Select the contact you want to call by tapping the search bar or the dial pad at the top of the home screen.
- Select the call type: Normal (available with a subscription plan) or App to App (for contacting other Rebtel users – free of charge), by tapping the bottom of a contact.
- Tap the contact to make your call.
Here’s how you can call the United States for free
If you need a cheap plan for calls made to the US, your best bet is Rebtel’s FREE US Unlimited plan. It lets you call any landline or mobile in the US free of charge, so you can keep in touch with friends and family at a bargain. The connection is made via local lines, 3G/4G/5G or over Wi-Fi, for the best calling quality, with no audio breaking or dropping. Plus, you can keep in touch with any other Rebtel app users (contacts with the red R icon in the app) via messages and calls, at no cost.
The cheapest rates for calling the US from the UK
Because many people in the UK have friends and relatives in the United States, it’s sometimes best to choose an international calling plan with unlimited minutes for a single low rate. Rebtel offers such services in the form of a monthly subscription plan that you can try for free for the first seven days, just to see if you like how it works. All you have to do is follow these steps, after installing and setting up your account, of course:
- Look for a contact by using the search bar or dial pad at the top of the screen, or swipe down to see your contacts.
- Then, tap the bottom of the contact to choose the call type: Normal or App to App.
- Tap the contact to make your call.
The easy way to call the US from India
Rebtel offers a great solution in keeping friends and family from all over the world one phone call away with the Global Unlimited plan, a monthly subscription that covers over 55 countries, including India. Basically, it allows users to make stable calls to mobiles and landlines without worrying about dropped calls or choppy connections. And you can try it for free in the first week, just to see how it works for you. Necessary steps:
- Install the app and follow the signup process.
- Choose a subscription plan.
- Search for a contact by using the search bar, dial pad or the app address book with the A-Z tab and Rebtel tab.
- Tap the bottom of the contact to choose a Normal or App to App call.
- Tap the contact to initiate the call.
- Wait for them to answer.
For more information on calling plans, visit Rebtel’s products to call the US.
Unlimited Calling to United States