Why is my payment being declined?
There are several reasons why a payment can be denied.
Please know that your bank or our payment provider authorizes or denies a payment. Rebtel only processes the transaction.
For privacy reasons banks usually don't give details about payments, however, we would like to share some common causes of declined payments:
- The debit card has Insufficient funds or has reached its limit
- The credit or debit card information is incorrect
- CVV mismatch
- The credit card is expired
- You are making an international purchase
- Your card has been previously reported as stolen
- Your purchase triggered fraud protection
- Your country is not supported by Rebtel payment providers
- Your payment attempts have been refused by our payment provider
If you are sure your credit card information is correct, please try again later! There might be a communication error or a technical problem, but please don't try it more than 2 or 3 times because the payment server can detect it as a threat and block payments for a long period of time. If your payment is declined after the second attempt, please contact your bank or our customer server by clicking on "Report a problem" at the end of this article.
If you get a blank page:
- On the website: Make sure to update Java is up-to-date on you computer or try to use another browser.
- In the application: Reinstall the App.